The New New Thing Podcast: Braving Big Marketing Risks With DK New Media CEO
This week on The New New Thing Podcast we feature guest Doug Karr, CEO of DK New Media and founder of MarTech. (P.S., DK New Media is also where we record all of our podcast episodes!) DK New Media specializes in leveraging online mediums for business, including blogging, video, mobile, social networking, social bookmarking, search engine marketing and optimization. In addition, DK New Media speaks, consults and develops integrations within and between a collection of platforms to automate and build marketing efficiencies.
Doug sat down with us in his studio to chat about his extensive marketing experience, how risk has played a major part in his success, and how creative and brand will always take precedence over marketing technology.
Tune in for details on:
- How taking risks is an essential part of every marketer’s success, and what we can learn from big risks taken from major brands like Cola-Cola;
- Risks Doug has taken that have proven the most ROI for his business;
- How Doug’s military background in nuclear electricity laid the foundation for his journey into marketing;
- What’s the most interesting and crazy technology marketers can experiment with today;
- Why spending time reflecting and unwinding can sometimes pay off more than doubling-down on work;
- and more!
Want to be featured on our podcast? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.